Friday Race Setup – Shift 1
This is the crew that makes the Race Site come alive – creating the anticipation for the City and the Participants!
Under the direction of an experienced Race Crew leader, your roles will include:
1. Making sure all event tents and equipment are put in the correct place including fencing, scaffold, generators, gators, dumpsters, etc.
2. Making sure portable restrooms are in their proper place at the race site and on the race course.
3. Helping put tables, chairs, and race site supplies in the correct locations including Finish Line, Medical Tent, Results/Awards Tent, Scoring and Timing Tent, Race Announcer Tent, Race Trucks, etc.
4. Help put up banners around the race including at the Start Line area, Finish Line area, Finish on Fourth, etc.
5. Help do pre-work on the Race Course with one of our Course Directors including confirming medical tents are in place on the course, putting up Mile Marker signs along the course, making sure other course signage is in place, etc.
It is fun to see the Downtown area “come to life” in anticipation of the big event.
Current Terms and Conditions:
Volunteer Waiver Form
I know that volunteering at a road race is a potentially hazardous activity which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my submission, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I assume all risks associated with volunteering at this event, including but not limited to: falls, contact with participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and /or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and headsets are not allowed at the race and I will abide by this guideline. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitles to act on my behalf, waive and release the Mill Race Marathon, the city of Columbus, IN and all sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver and volunteer submission.
I grant permission to all foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
Sign Up to Volunteer
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.